Monday 11 April 2016

Incorporating Indigenous Australian perspectives within the curriculum

Hi everyone

This is a very brief post.  I wanted to share with you a post I did earlier this year for the Australian Teachers' Collaborative Blog on Australian Indigenous Perspectives.  

It took me a great deal of time to research and consult about the ideas in that blog post and I hadn't realised that I hadn't shared that thinking and those ideas on my own blog.

This image was reproduced with permission from Magabala Books and the illustrator, Renee Fogorty, of the children's picture book, "Fair Skin, Black Fella".

The ideas and resources I shared are just terrific for embedding Indigenous Australian perspectives within the curriculum and I also shared ideas for developing critical literacy in the middle and upper primary years - ideas that I have seen in action in classrooms in very powerful ways.

You can read my blog post about ideas and resources for embedding Australian Indigenous Perspectives within the curriculum here
http://australianteachers.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/australian-indigenous-perspectives-and.html

Please note that the giveaways mentioned in that blog post have been completed!

Have a terrific week!

No comments :

Post a Comment