Wednesday 2 October 2013

Welcome to my new blog :)

Hi everyone

Welcome to my new blog :)

Well, this is a very exciting day - my very first blog post on my very own blog :) 

A HUGE thank you to those who have helped and encouraged me to do this -

Carla from Comprehension Connection
(Carla's reading comprehension units of work are fabulous - you should check them out!) Without Carla's encouragement I wouldn't have even thought about blogging, so thanks so much Carla - check out her blog here:  http://comprehensionconnection.blogspot.com.au/ 

Misty and Erika from Honey Bunch Blog Design - love your work - thank you - and thank you for your patience with this beginning blogger - love my blog design :)
http://honeybunchblogdesign.blogspot.com.au/

And big thanks to my special graphic designer on etsy - Iva - for making my clip art sets and avatar...and for just being wonderful, supportive, caring and encouraging.  I use Iva's clip art (custom made) in many of my resources on TPT.    You can check out her work here:
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/nahhan73?section_id=10804022


It's going to take a little bit of time for me to learn how to "drive" this blog, so please be patient...It is very exciting, new learning for me.

The focus of my blog will be around the teaching of reading and reading comprehension.  It will include picture book reviews, activities and ideas to support rigorous pedagogy in the teaching of reading.

This is my very first blog post ever, so I hope it works :)

7 comments :

  1. Ahhh...thanks so much for the shout out, Kylie! Welcome to Blog Land! I hope you have lots of fun sharing your knowledge of reading with your fans.
    Carla
    Comprehension Connection

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! Excited to be joining you in the Blog Hop!!

    Stacy
    The Rungs of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carla and Stacy...thank you so much...I am loving this new learning...thanks so much for inviting me into your blog hop Carla...so much to learn as a "newbie" to blogging LOL...I am creating a great resource as a freebie for your blog hop...Really am blessed to have touched base with you Carla and to have also now touched base with Stacy - thanks you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogland! The blog looks great! I am excited to join you on our upcoming blog hop.

    Jana
    Thinking Out Loud

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Blogland! I'm excited that you'll be joining us for the blog hop. Love your polka dot blog design!
    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blogging world! I went to school with Carla, and she is an encouragement to all! What a wonderful person to gt you started with blogging! I can't wait to follow along and learn more!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back at you, Andrea! Your the one who got me started. :-)
      Carla

      Delete